Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-01, 09:47
+
Tom White 2011-11-01, 17:35
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-01, 17:57
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-11-01, 18:47
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0
Owen O'Malley 2011-11-01, 21:53
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> * Regarding version number, any reason we are not using 0.23.0-alpha1
I think it is important to separate the artifact and version number from
the stability assessment (alpha, beta, GA). When we approve a release, it
should generally default to alpha. As confidence grows in the release and
branch, we can vote the stability classification up. The last thing you
want to do is roll a new release to increase a release's stability
classification.

If you haven't read it before, I'd suggest looking at HTTPD's release
guidelines (http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html) under "What can I
call this release?"

-- Owen
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-01, 22:02
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2011-11-01, 17:40
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-11-01, 17:40
+
Alan Gates 2011-11-02, 22:11