Hive >> mail # user >> Re: metastore set up with Oracle backend?

Re: metastore set up with Oracle backend?
Hi,
  I tried using the oracle thin jdbc driver with the settings below in
hive-site.xml but got the exception pasted below[1]- anybody hit this?
(I am using Oracle 11g and hive trunk as of a month back).

Thanks,
Pradeep

[1]
-bash-3.1$ bin/hive
Hive history
file=/tmp/pradeepk/hive_job_log_pradeepk_201006032327_643566363.txt
hive> show tables;
FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Got exception:
javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException An exception was thrown while
adding/validating class(es) : ORA-01754: a table may contain only one
column of type LONG

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01754: a table may contain only
one column of type LONG

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:91)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:133)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:206)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1034)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:183)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForRows(T4CStatement.java:942)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1222)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeInternal(OracleStatement.java:1770)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.execute(OracleStatement.java:1739)