From: Dean Wampler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

The name is misleading; this is the directory within HDFS where Hive stores the data, by default. (External tables can go elsewhere). It doesn't really have anything to do with the metastore.

dean

Can some one help me on this ? I am stuck installing and configuring Hive with Oracle. Your timely help is really aprreciated.

--
Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
@deanwampler