Sqoop >> mail # user >> Capture record cound using sqoop eval

Re: Capture record cound using sqoop eval
Hi VKing,
Sqoop is highly optimized tool for transferring data between relational databases and Hadoop ecosystem. It's not a general purpose querying tool. The tool "eval" stands for "evaluation" and should be used only for validating the connection status using simple queries. It should not be used in production workflows. I would suggest to use mysql utility itself for this purpose.

Jarcec