Pig >> mail # user >> UDF FilterFunc and logical OR

UDF FilterFunc and logical OR
Hello List,

I am using Clouderas distribution (cdh3u3) which comes with pig-0.8.1.

I have written a UDF extending FilterFunc that checks if the provided
string is contained within the specified column of the current tuple:
http://pastebin.com/Uwje7v1V

I have also written some TestCases:
http://pastebin.com/uA4LHB4Q

The odd thing is, that only TestCase testFilteringClusterWithOR1 fails
because the result has not the expected length of 3 but is of length 2
instead (line 177 in http://pastebin.com/Uwje7v1V). After a lot of
investigating I still can not find out why testFilteringCluster and
testFilteringClusterWithOR2 succeed but not testFilteringClusterWithOR1.
Is there a special prerequisite for making my FilterFunc usabel within
OR ? Maybe I have missed something very obvious... Please help me figure
this out!

Greetings,
Johannes Schwenk

--
Softwareentwickler (Reporting)

ADITION technologies AG
Schwarzwaldstraße 78b
79117 Freiburg

http://www.adition.com

T +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 30
F +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 77
SUPPORT +49  / (0)1805 - ADITION

(Festnetzpreis 14 ct/min; Mobilfunkpreise maximal 42 ct/min)

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 54076
Vorstände: Andreas Kleiser, Jörg Klekamp, Tihomir Perkovic, Marcus Schlüter
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rechtsanwalt Daniel Raimer
UStIDNr.: DE 218 858 434

+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-05-21, 17:11
+