Pig, mail # user - Pig script is failing during reduce phase

Pig script is failing during reduce phase
James Newhaven 2012-06-18, 15:30
Hi,

I am executing a Pig script on Elastic MapReduce. It runs fine over one
day's worth of data, but when I increase my dataset size to 30 days, the
reducers have started failing with the following error:

java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: *Task process exit with nonzero status of
137.*
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258

I can't find any status code lookup tables in the documentation, so I can't
be certain what the root cause of the error is.

I suspect it is an out of memory problem on the reducer nodes, but I can't
be certain. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
James