Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Two Leaders?!

+
Marshall McMullen 2011-12-20, 17:00
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-12-20, 17:37
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-12-20, 18:13
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-12-20, 18:17
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-12-20, 19:14
+
Marshall McMullen 2011-12-20, 19:21
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-20, 19:32
+
Marshall McMullen 2011-12-20, 20:24
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-12-20, 21:44
Re: Two Leaders?!
Something like that would be really handy to have. I was thinking of how I
might add something like that to our code sitting on top of zookeeper.
Essentially comparing the zookeeper config file on each node to what we
expect it to be to ensure everything is consistent. But something built
into zookeeper would be much better IMO.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Benjamin Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> there is a jira for an improvement that would add to the protocol
> checks to make sure that the server configurations are compatible and
> make sure that client configurations are compatible. i can't seem to
> find them though...
>
> ben
>
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Marshall McMullen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > After fixing the config files and restarting everything, all the problems
> > went away. Definitely looks like a configuration problem.
> >
> > Thanks everyone for helping me to diagnose this.
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> correct?
> >>

> >> Well, it isn't good!
> >>
> >> If the problem goes away when the config is fixed, then your conclusion
> is
> >> accurate.

+
Benjamin Reed 2011-12-20, 19:35