Pig >> mail # user >> Running pig script as different user

+
Miki Tebeka 2012-11-29, 00:58
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-11-29, 01:02
+
Miki Tebeka 2012-11-29, 22:42
+
Miki Tebeka 2012-11-30, 21:12
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-12-01, 01:52
Re: Running pig script as different user
This should not work in versions of hadoop that support security for
fairly obvious reasons.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Prashant Kommireddi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Miki,
>
> What version of hadoop are you on? I can confirm this works on 0.20.2 but
> never tried this on the newer versions.
>
> Try hadoop.job.ugi=<username,group> where the group must be the name of the
> group associated with the username.
>
> For eg, -Dhadoop.job.ugi=bugs,bugs
>

> On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Miki Tebeka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I tried running
>> PIG_OPTS=-Dhadoop.user.ugi=bugs pig /path/to/script.pig
>>
>> Still ran as the original user.
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Miki Tebeka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > As in -Dhadoop.user.ugi=bugs ?

>> user?

+