Hive, mail # dev - HCatalog to Hive Committership

+
Francis Christopher Liu 2013-04-04, 20:18
+
Francis Liu 2013-04-05, 18:35
Re: HCatalog to Hive Committership
Mark Grover 2013-04-05, 18:38
Francis,
You may have already seen this but I thought I'd post anyways:
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/becomingacommitter.html

Mark

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Francis Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for your response. This clarifies a lot. I just have two follow-up
> questions:
>
> 1. Does reviewing patches have any bearing?
> 2. Is it a requirement that the aggregate of patches submitted touch all
> the hive components?
>
> Also it'd be great to know if the other PMCs have a similar criteria?
>
> -Francis
>
> On Apr 4, 2013, at 4:06 PM, Edward Capriolo wrote:
>
> > Anecdotally, The criteria is patches/features and a track record of being
> > dedicated to hive. 10 smaller medium features might do it, or one big one
> > and five other bugs, or two patches and crazy dedication on the mailing
> > list. After enough work someone takes notice and nominates you. I did not
> > remember that "shepherd" language :) but the best bet is hanging out on
> the
> > hive IRC, I would volunteer but I am fairly bugged down ATM with things
> not
> > hive.
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Francis Christopher Liu <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Given that moving HCatalog into Hive is well underway. As an HCatalog
> >> committer I'd like to better understand the path to becoming a Hive
> >> committer. Based on what I gleaned from email discussions. I'd like to
> >> verify the following:
> >>
> >> "HCatalog committers will be assigned shepherds" - How do we go about
> >> getting assigned one?
> >>
> >> "HCatalog committers are expected to become Hive Committers in 6-8
> months"
> >> - Will there be a review done in 6-8 mos for the existing HCatalog
> >> committers. What would be the criteria? What happens if we don't get
> >> voted/nominated?
> >>
> >> I and a few of my colleagues (also HCat committers) are interested in
> >> becoming Hive committers and it would greatly help our effort if we
> could
> >> clarify the things discussed in the list. Feel free to point out
> anything I
> >> missed or misunderstood.
> >>
> >> -Francis

+