MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Integrating hadoop with java UI application deployed on tomcat

Re: Integrating hadoop with java UI application deployed on tomcat
you will need almost the entire hadoop client-side JAR set and dependencies
for this, I'm afraid.

The new webhdfs filesys -HDFS over HTTP- is designed to be lighter weight
and only need an HTTP client, but I'm not aware of any ultra-thin client
yet (apache http components should suffice).

If you are using any of the build tools with dependency management:
Ant+Ivy, Maven, Gradle, ask for Hadoop JARs and have the dependencies
pulled in.

If you aren't using any of the build tools w/ dependency management, now is
the time.