MapReduce >> mail # user >> Is it necessary to run secondary namenode when starting HDFS?

+
Ivan Ryndin 2012-12-17, 17:04
+
Bryan Beaudreault 2012-12-17, 17:12
+
Ivan Ryndin 2012-12-17, 17:23
+
Michael Segel 2012-12-17, 17:42
Re: Is it necessary to run secondary namenode when starting HDFS?
The SecondaryNameNode is necessary for automatic maintenance in
long-running clusters (read: production), but is not necessary for,
nor tied into the basic functions/operations of HDFS.

On 1.x, you can remove the script's startup of SNN by removing its
host entry from the conf/masters file.
On 2.x, you can selectively start the NN and DNs by using the
hadoop-daemon.sh script commands.

--
Harsh J
+