From: Raghu Angadi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Proposal to create a branch for contrib project Zebra

Milind A Bhandarkar wrote:

> Since zebra.jar is not included in pig.jar (I hope not), I can still
use
> stable zebra jar (binary) with latest pig compiled in trunk.

The problem is that though the current version is "expected to be"
stable, it would still require some bug fixes. We essentially need to
maintain another branch (official or a private git) to provide version
0.1 jar with critical bug fixes.

In that sense, would it be better if we created a "zebra-v1" branch and
commit the new features to trunk? May be for regular users we can create

Pig.jar and zebra.jar from different lines.

Raghu.