Hadoop >> mail # user >> Specifying user from Hadoop Client?

Re: Specifying user from Hadoop Client?
Hey Corbett,

We prevent overriding user.name. We instead provide secure
impersonation (does not require kerberos, don't be fooled by its
name), which is documented at
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/Secure_Impersonation.html.
This should let you do what you're attempting to, in a more controlled
fashion.

--
Harsh J