Bobby Evans 2012-09-07, 19:56
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-09-07, 21:35
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-09-13, 16:25
Re: [VOTE] 0.23.3 release
I don't think I was super clear about exactly what is NOT in 0.23.3.
Sorry about that, I'll try to be more clean next time.  There are a number
of known issues that some people may consider to be blockers.  If these
are really blockers for you on 0.23.3 I will see what we can do to pull
them in and spin a new RC.  Otherwise, I plan on doing a 0.23.4 shortly
anyways, because I know as Yahoo and hopefully others roll this out they
will find and fix more issues.

MAPREDUCE-4647 which I just filed to address Radim's concern about
performance degradation in the PREP stage on 0.23.3.  I know that Kihwal
Lee is also looking into making the chmod use JNI when possible.
HDFS-3905 which you found Daryn.
HDFS-3731 which prevents 0.23.3 from being used to upgrade a cluster that
has had append enabled (which Kihwal and I have been working on porting to
0.23).

I still think that 0.23.3 is a good release and moves us a step closer to
having YARN/MRv2 stable and in production.

--Bobby Evans

On 9/7/12 4:35 PM, "Daryn Sharp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>-0 non-binding.  HDFS-3905 should strongly be considered since its a
>regression.
>
>Daryn
>
>On Sep 7, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Bobby Evans wrote:
>
>> I have built an RC0 for 0.23.3 and am calling a vote on it
>>
>> You can download the signed packages from:
>> http://people.apache.org/~bobby/hadoop-0.23.3-candidate-0/
>>
>> It is tagged under svn at:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.3-rc0
>>
>> Please kick the tires and let me know if I missed anything, this is
>> the first time I am doing a release.
>>
>> As per the bylaws the vote will be open for 7 days and will end Friday
>>Sep 14th.
>>
>> I am a +1 (non-binding)
>>
>> --Bobby Evans

+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2012-09-14, 05:00
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-09-13, 22:37
+
Harsh J 2012-09-14, 01:16
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-13, 20:38
+
Jonathan Eagles 2012-09-13, 20:55
+
Jason Lowe 2012-09-13, 20:35
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-09-14, 05:04
+
Eli Collins 2012-09-14, 04:56
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-14, 13:35
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-09-14, 07:32
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-14, 13:27
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-09-15, 00:01
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-09-14, 18:57
+
Tsz Wo \ 2012-09-14, 04:20
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-14, 21:56
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-09-14, 22:40
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-17, 14:42
+
Philip Su 2012-09-14, 18:23