Re: [VOTE] 0.23.3 release
I don't think I was super clear about exactly what is NOT in 0.23.3.
Sorry about that, I'll try to be more clean next time.  There are a number
of known issues that some people may consider to be blockers.  If these
are really blockers for you on 0.23.3 I will see what we can do to pull
them in and spin a new RC.  Otherwise, I plan on doing a 0.23.4 shortly
anyways, because I know as Yahoo and hopefully others roll this out they
will find and fix more issues.

MAPREDUCE-4647 which I just filed to address Radim's concern about
performance degradation in the PREP stage on 0.23.3.  I know that Kihwal
Lee is also looking into making the chmod use JNI when possible.
HDFS-3905 which you found Daryn.
HDFS-3731 which prevents 0.23.3 from being used to upgrade a cluster that
has had append enabled (which Kihwal and I have been working on porting to
0.23).

I still think that 0.23.3 is a good release and moves us a step closer to
having YARN/MRv2 stable and in production.

--Bobby Evans