Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [ -d "$HADOOP_PREFIX" ] -- does this work with symbolic link? Doesn't seem to for me.

[ -d "$HADOOP_PREFIX" ] -- does this work with symbolic link? Doesn't seem to for me.
I'm looking at the config.sh script:

if [ ! -d "$HADOOP_PREFIX" ]
then
   echo "$HADOOP_PREFIX is not a directory."
   exit 1
fi

On my system, HADOOP_PREFIX points to a symbolic link and this test is
failing. I'm sure it was working a few weeks ago. Changing the code to:

hadoop_prefix_directory_test=`test -d $HADOOP_PREFIX; echo $?`
if [ hadoop_prefix_directory_test == 1 ]
then
   echo "HADOOP_PREFIX, which has a value of $HADOOP_PREFIX, is not a
directory."
   exit 1
fi

does work on my system. I'm betting user error on my part. Can someone
confirm that the -d syntax works for a symbolic link?