HDFS >> mail # dev >> I'm interested in working with HDFS-4680. Can somebody be a mentor?

Re: I'm interested in working with HDFS-4680. Can somebody be a mentor?
Folks over at HBase would be interested in helping out.

What does a mentor have to do?  I poked around the icfoss link but didn't
see list of duties (I've been know to be certified blind on occasion).

I am not up on the malleability of hdfs RPC; is it just a matter of adding
the trace info to a pb header record or would it require more (Sanjay was
saying something recently off-list that trace id is imminent -- but I've
not done the digging)?

St.Ack