Hive, mail # user - Hive Queries

+
Cyrille Djoko 2013-02-15, 18:44
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-15, 19:19
+
Cyrille Djoko 2013-02-15, 20:20
+
manishbhoge@...) 2013-02-17, 02:16
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-02-17, 16:12
Re: Hive Queries
Anurag Tangri 2013-02-19, 00:23
Hi Manish,

If you have data on your local file system,
You can also do something like following from your local file system, without doing put or copyFromLocal.

$ hive -e "load data local inpath 'path on local file system' into table <table name>;"
Thanks,
Anurag Tangri
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2013, at 6:16 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When you want to move data from external system to hive, this means moving data to HDFS first and then point the Hive table to the file in HDFS where you have exported the data.
> So, you have couple of commands like -copyFromLocal and fget which move the file to hdfs. If you intent to move in real time fashion try Flume. But end of the day the data movement first happens in HDFS and then hive table can be loaded using Load table command.
>
> Regards,
> Manish Bhoge
> sent by HTC device. Excuse typo.

Cyril Bogus 2013-02-25, 15:18