HDFS, mail # user - A question about RPC

+
jie_zhou 2011-09-21, 06:40
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-09-21, 07:12
+
Koert Kuipers 2011-09-21, 20:59
+
GOEKE, MATTHEW 2011-09-21, 21:37
Re: A question about RPC
Ted Dunning 2011-09-21, 21:46
IDL's are nice, but old school systems like CORBA are death when you need to
change things.

Avro, protobufs and thrift are all miles better.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Koert Kuipers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i would love an IDL, plus that modern serialization frameworks such as
> protobuf/thrift support versioning (although i still have issues with
> different versions of thrift not working nicely together, argh why is that).
> the only downside is perhaps that they are a little slower than writables.
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hadoop has its RPC machanism mainly Writables to overcome some of the
>> disadvantages on normal serializations.
>> For more info:
>>  http://www.lexemetech.com/2008/07/rpc-and-serialization-with-hadoop.html
>>
>> Regards,