HDFS >> mail # user >> A question about RPC

+
jie_zhou 2011-09-21, 06:40
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-09-21, 07:12
+
Koert Kuipers 2011-09-21, 20:59
+
GOEKE, MATTHEW 2011-09-21, 21:37
Re: A question about RPC
IDL's are nice, but old school systems like CORBA are death when you need to
change things.

Avro, protobufs and thrift are all miles better.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Koert Kuipers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i would love an IDL, plus that modern serialization frameworks such as
> protobuf/thrift support versioning (although i still have issues with
> different versions of thrift not working nicely together, argh why is that).
> the only downside is perhaps that they are a little slower than writables.
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hadoop has its RPC machanism mainly Writables to overcome some of the
>> disadvantages on normal serializations.
>> For more info:
>>  http://www.lexemetech.com/2008/07/rpc-and-serialization-with-hadoop.html
>>
>> Regards,