HBase >> mail # user >> Does HBase combine multiple Puts against the same region server?

+
yun peng 2012-12-06, 18:34
Re: Does HBase combine multiple Puts against the same region server?
If auto flush is off, multiple puts could be combined into a batch and
send to the region server in one RPC call if they are for the same
region server.

Thanks,
Jimmy

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM, yun peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I have question on how the multiple Puts() are executed when they are
> issued against the same region server.
>
> For example, in the case of asynchronous executing Put() using
> setAutoFlush(true), there will be multiple Puts() in the writeBuffer. Or
> use HTbale API put(List puts) which directly issues multiple Puts. In
> either case, let's say, would two Puts in the list, which are issued
> against the same HRegionServer, be combined in a single RPC before sending
> to that RegionServer? I appreciate it if I can get pointer to the code in
> HBase. Thanks...
>
> Regards,
> Yun
+