HBase >> mail # user >> datanodes with differenet cpus&mem

+
hua beatls 2013-02-26, 18:02
+
hua beatls 2013-02-26, 18:03
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-26, 18:08
+
hua beatls 2013-02-26, 18:21
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-26, 18:30
Re: datanodes with differenet cpus&mem
Hi,
   Yes, i already have these servers, and hope can find solution to use
them  efficiently.
   does hadoop/hbase system has the 'intelligence' to arrange more
work(load, lookup,etc.) to the 8cpu servers compared with 2cpu servers?
   thanks!

   beatls
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Hua,
>
> It all depend what you want to do with your servers. They are already
> pretty big. They will be able to handle big load.
>
> What's about the hard drives?
>
> What can of load are you going to apply? CPU intensive (Like big
> regular expression on big text content to extract keywors from rows)?
> Disk intensive (Like fast MRs job storring many data in an output
> table)? Network intensive (Big transfers, lookups, etc.)?
>
> Also, is it for a lab? Or a production?
>
> If you already have those servers, you can simply install them with
> HBase/Hadoop and run some load tests base on your usecase?
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/26 hua beatls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi JM,
> >     should I add more storage to the bigger ones ?
> >
> >    many thanks!
> >

> > beatls
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Hua,
> >>
> >> You can use servers with different configuration, but the entire
> >> cluster will tend to run as slow as your slowest server. However, that
> >> will still help to to spread the load.
> >>
> >> JM

> hadoop
> >> another 4