Hive >> mail # user >> how to select without Mapreduce after index build?

how to select without Mapreduce after index build?
I think if I  create index for one table
When I excute “select c1,c2 from tab where index_col=1”, should not start mapreduce
But it was start .
So how to use a index without mapreduce?
Compact  index and bitmap index all was tested , all need mapreduce .