Hadoop >> mail # user >> Handling bad records

Handling bad records
What's the best way to write records to a different file? I am doing xml
processing and during processing I might come accross invalid xml format.
Current I have it under try catch block and writing to log4j. But I think
it would be better to just write it to an output file that just contains
errors.