MapReduce >> mail # user >> MapReduce on Local files

MapReduce on Local files
Hello list,

           Is a MR job capable of reading even the hidden temp files
present inside a directory located on my local FS?I have noticed this thing
today for the first time because till now I never tried running MR jobs on
local files.

Thank you so much for your time?

Warm Regards,
Tariq