HBase >> mail # user >> Regionserver goes down while endpoint execution

+
Kumar, Deepak8 2013-03-12, 05:51
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-12, 06:01
+
Kumar, Deepak8 2013-03-12, 06:27
+
Kumar, Deepak8 2013-03-12, 06:59
+
Kumar, Deepak8 2013-03-12, 11:46
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-12, 16:29
+
Gary Helmling 2013-03-12, 18:13
+
Kumar, Deepak8 2013-03-13, 15:19
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-13, 16:01
+
Himanshu Vashishtha 2013-03-13, 16:08
+
Kumar, Deepak8 2013-03-14, 17:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-14, 17:15
+
Himanshu Vashishtha 2013-03-14, 17:45
RE: Regionserver goes down while endpoint execution
Himanshu told it clearly. To make to more clear I am adding :)

When the range of rowkeys that you are looking for spread across 5 regions, at the client side there will be 5 exec requests created and submitted to a thread pool.[HBase client side thread pool associated with HTable]
Now as per the availability of slots in this pool the operations will be requested to regions in RSs. So in different RS there can be parallel execution.  Within one RS itself parallel execution on different regions also possible.

It is upto the client app to deal with the results what the Endpoint has returned. It will return a Map right? region name vs result from region. Client app need to take care about the ordering

-Anoop-