Hadoop, mail # user - Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment

+
Pablo Musa 2012-07-03, 20:19
+
Owen OMalley 2012-07-03, 23:18
+
Pablo Musa 2012-07-05, 15:04
Re: Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment
Matt Foley 2012-07-05, 17:34
0.20.2 is really old code and not nearly as stable as Hadoop 1.0.  One
alternative, that would get you immediate access to stable 1.0 code and
which supports yum/rpm packaging, is HDP-1.0.0.12, available free from
Hortonworks.  See http://hortonworks.com/download/

Disclosure:  I'm a Hortonworks employee.
--Matt

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Pablo Musa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you all for your answers.
> I think I will keep 0.20.2 and wait for a new major release of cdh while I
> keep an eye on Ambari.
>
> Abs,
> Pablo

+