Hadoop >> mail # user >> Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment

Re: Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment
0.20.2 is really old code and not nearly as stable as Hadoop 1.0.  One
alternative, that would get you immediate access to stable 1.0 code and
which supports yum/rpm packaging, is HDP-1.0.0.12, available free from
Hortonworks.  See http://hortonworks.com/download/

Disclosure:  I'm a Hortonworks employee.
--Matt