Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Namenode failures

Re: Namenode failures
On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Are you by any chance adding files carrying unusual encoding?
I don't believe so.  The only files I push to HDFS are SequenceFiles (with
protobuf objects in them) and HBase's regions, which again is just protobuf
objects.  I don't use any special encodings in the protobufs.
> If its
> possible, can we be sent a bundle of the corrupted log set (all of the
> dfs.name.dir contents) to inspect what seems to be causing the
> corruption?

I can give the logs, dfs data dir(s), and 2nn dirs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/heijq65pmb3esvd/hdfs-bug.tar.gz
> The only identified (but rarely occurring) bug around this part in
> 1.0.4 would be https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4423. The
> other major corruption bug I know of is already fixed in your version,
> being https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3652 specifically.
>
> We've not had this report from other users so having a reproduced file
> set (data not required) would be most helpful. If you have logs
> leading to the shutdown and crash as well, that'd be good to have too.
>
> P.s. How exactly are you shutting down the NN each time? A kill -9 or
> a regular SIGTERM shutdown?

I shut down the NN with 'bin/stop-dfs.sh'.

Robert Dyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]