Hive >> mail # user >> separator within primitive fields

separator within primitive fields
Hello,

Suppose I have a very simple struct that I want to query in hive.

struct test {

  string field1;
  int field2;
  boolean field3;
}

Now if my field has multiple values delimited by a separator. So, for
example

field1 = "test1 | test2 | test3"
field2 = 23
field3 = true

Is it possible for me to run a query like,

select test.field2,test.field3 from my_table where field1="test1";

which would return:

23 true

Any help is much appreciated.

Swarnim