HDFS, mail # user - Re: Why my tests shows Yarn is worse than MRv1 for terasort?

+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-06-07, 03:05
+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-06-07, 03:26
Re: Why my tests shows Yarn is worse than MRv1 for terasort?
Harsh J 2013-06-07, 03:58
Not tuning configurations at all is wrong. YARN uses memory resource
based scheduling and hence MR2 would be requesting 1 GB minimum by
default, causing, on base configs, to max out at 8 (due to 8 GB NM
memory resource config) total containers. Do share your configs as at
this point none of us can tell what it is.

Obviously, it isn't our goal to make MR2 slower for users and to not
care about such things :)

--
Harsh J
+