HBase >> mail # user >> Poor HBase map-reduce scan performance

+
Bryan Keller 2013-05-01, 04:01
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-01, 04:17
+
Bryan Keller 2013-05-01, 04:31
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-01, 04:56
+
Bryan Keller 2013-05-01, 05:01
+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-01, 05:01
+
Bryan Keller 2013-05-01, 06:02
+
Michael Segel 2013-05-01, 14:24
Re: Poor HBase map-reduce scan performance
If you can, try 0.94.4+; it should significantly reduce the amount of bytes copied around in RAM during scanning, especially if you have wide rows and/or large key portions. That in turns makes scans scale better across cores, since RAM is shared resource between cores (much like disk).
It's not hard to build the latest HBase against Cloudera's version of Hadoop. I can send along a simple patch to pom.xml to do that.

-- Lars