Flume, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Flume 1.3.1

+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-12-19, 20:37
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-19, 20:44
+
Will McQueen 2012-12-19, 20:46
+
Brock Noland 2012-12-19, 21:18
+
Mike Percy 2012-12-20, 02:57
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-20, 06:59
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-12-20, 08:06
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-12-20, 08:16
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-12-20, 19:31
Re: [DISCUSS] Flume 1.3.1
Juhani Connolly 2012-12-20, 03:05
+1 for this.

The performance difference is very noticable. If you run ganglia, there
is a huge chunk of system cpu added. We were going to make a custom 1.3
build with 1773(which I would also recommend for a 1.3.1 release) and
1794, but ended up going with the 1.4 trunk since there are no changes
that look like they'd cause problems.

On 12/20/2012 05:37 AM, Hari Shreedharan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Based on a couple other threads, I think it'd be great if we could release a Flume 1.3.1 with just the file channel fixes that went in after Flume 1.3.0, specifically the fix that was committed yesterday - FLUME-1794, which fixed a major performance regression in Flume 1.3.0. I am willing to spin the RC if there is no objection.
>

> Thanks,
> Hari

+
Venkat Rangan 2012-12-20, 21:42