Accumulo, mail # dev - MapReduceExample When Executed Displays Usage And Error Message

Re: MapReduceExample When Executed Displays Usage And Error Message
Josh Elser 2013-02-11, 10:51
I'd have to agree with you, David. I like MiniAccumuloCluster and think
there is great worth to be had from it. We should do the most we can to
make it easy to use.

I will say that I imagine it to be difficult to pinpoint exactly when
Accumulo is "up". If there isn't a good way to avoid your exception by
blocking internally, some documentation/warning is a good idea.

On Sunday, February 10, 2013, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> But if people start using the MiniAccumuloCluster without knowing
> their client processing need to wait? What's the harm in letting
> start() do the waiting? Wouldn't that ensure a minimum wait time and
> consistent behavior?
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I don't think so, all of our client processes are designed to wait a bit
>> for the server to come up, and this process a similar behavior as our
>> start-all script.
>>
>> Sent from my phone, please pardon the typos and brevity.
>> On Feb 10, 2013 10:59 PM, "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>> Adding a Thread.sleep(1) after the start() method does seem to
>>> consistently resolve the 'Stream Closed' issue.
>>>
>>>       MiniAccumuloCluster la = new MiniAccumuloCluster(tmpDir,
"pass1234");
>>>       la.start();
>>>       Thread.sleep(1);
>>>
>>> Which raises a question. Should the start method wait for the
>>> processes to start before returning? Any reason I shouldn't create a
>>> jira ticket for this?

>>> in

[EMAIL PROTECTED]