Accumulo, mail # dev - One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 15:23
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 19:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 21:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 21:53
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 22:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-07, 01:49
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 20:18
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 20:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:44
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 15:49
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:57
Re: One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?
John Vines 2013-03-07, 16:01
Since it was introduced yesterday morning, every merge I've done had at
least 1 conflict file, usually multiple. And one to many merges per file
(which is how I missed that one yesterday).
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've been getting unnecessary merge conflicts because of this change. At
> > the very least, I would like to see it reverted until we release 1.5
>
> Or maybe make the change after 1.5.1.  Based on past experience, there
> will likely be a good bit of merge activity from 1.5 to 1.6 until at
> least the first 1.5 bug fix release.
>
> Curious, how much extra time do this add to merging for you?  I do not
> have a good feeling for how well this will be handled automatically.
> Did it cause conflicts for most of the edits you made in 1.5?
>

> > On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Whats the benefit of doing this?  How will it impact merges from 1.5
> >> to 1.6?  Should this be done for thrift generated code?

+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-07, 16:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 16:27