MapReduce, mail # user - Debug MR tasks impossible.

+
Pedro Costa 2012-03-29, 15:33
+
Brock Noland 2012-03-29, 16:07
+
Wydra, Paul 2012-03-29, 16:13
+
Steve Lewis 2012-03-29, 16:32
Re: Debug MR tasks impossible.
Ravi Prakash 2012-03-29, 16:06
Hi Pedro,

I know its sub-optimal but you should be able to put in as many
System.out.println / log messages as you want and you should be able to see
them in stdout, and syslog files. Which version of hadoop are you using?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Pedro Costa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to debug map and reduce tasks for a quite long time, and it
> seems that it's impossible. MR are launched in new process and there's no
> way to debug them. Even with IsolationRunner class it's impossible. This
> isn't good because I really need to debug the class, to understand some
> changes that I made to the code.
>
> I wonder how MapReduce programmers could debug the code that they
> implemented?
>
> --
> Best regards,

+