Pig >> mail # user >> dryrun versus grunt

+
Lauren Blau 2012-10-09, 00:53
Re: dryrun versus grunt
I did not know about the run command from inside grunt, but generally
speaking grunt does not yet support macros or parameters. I am eager
to get this fixed, myself.

Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

On Oct 8, 2012, at 5:53 PM, Lauren Blau
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a script something like
>
> DEFINE udf ..
> DEFINE udf2 ..
>
> IMPORT 'macros.pig'
>
> rel = calltomacro('string',$keyparam);
> rel2 = calltomacro('string2',$keyparam);
>

> if I run this with pig -p keyparam=testparam --dryrun script.pig
> I get a valid script.pig.expanded created.
>
> but if I run pig -p keyparam=testparam
> grunt> run script.pig (or IMPORT 'pig.script';)
>
> it fails with an error 'undefined param $keyparam'
> why does this behave differently during --dryrun and inside grunt?
>
> Thanks,
> lauren
+
Aniket Mokashi 2012-10-10, 03:12