HBase >> mail # user >> How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper

Re: How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper
Hi, Jean and Jieshan,
Are you saying client can directly contact region servers? Maybe I
overlooked, but I think the client may need lookup regions by first
contacting Zk as in figure 8-11 from definitive book(as attached)...

Nevertheless, if it is the case, to assign a global timestamp, what is the
practical solutions in real production today? since it still needs some
centralised facility.. Please enlighten me. thanks.
Regards
Yun