Chukwa, mail # user - Securing the Communication

Re: Securing the Communication
Ariel Rabkin 2010-08-22, 16:29
Howdy!

The developers have talked about this a bit.  I don't believe any
developers are currently working on either. If you want to tackle it,
that would be great, and there's already an open JIRA with some notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-434

By the way, it's possible to tell agents to only accept local control
connections, which should help with security.

Right now, agent control is a custom ad-hoc protocol. It might be
easier to add security once a RESTful interface is in place. This was
discussed recently, but I don't know the time line for implementation.

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department