HDFS >> mail # user >> FSDataOutputStream ByteBuffer write

FSDataOutputStream ByteBuffer write
In the Hadoop 2.1 docs, I see there is a read(ByteBuffer) call in FSDataInputStream, but I don't see a write(ByteBuffer) call documented for FSDataOutputStream.  Is there a (fast) way to write a ByteBuffer to HDFS files?
Thanks
John