Drill >> mail # dev >> NoSQL Backend and web interface

+
Alexandre BECHE 2013-06-04, 20:04
+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-06-04, 20:08
Re: NoSQL Backend and web interface
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Alexandre BECHE
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I would like to use drill to interact with a large number of monitoring
> data (ie: order of 5 millions events a day). To do it, I would like to
> store this RAW events inside HDFS (json format) or HBase (I don't have any
> preference right now,I will try both anyway) and retrieve this statistics
> (json format) using drill.
>
> Moreover, by browsing the web, I found a nice web frontend for drill (
> http://srvgal85.deri.ie/apache-drill/) and I would love to retrieve my data
> in such a way.
>
> First, I would like to know whether or not my goal is realistic and if I
> can
> achieve it in the current state of the project? (if not, what can I achieve
> today? and do you have any approximative timescale for the rest?)

We're approaching the point where you could do much of this utilizing
the reference interpreter.  However, it was designed as a reference
implementation rather than a performant one.  We're probably a few
months away from you being able to do this in earnest with the fully
distributed execution engine.

> If some developement is needed from me, I would love to help but I would
> first understand how much effort it represents.

There is a decent amount of work to be done but a lot of people are
working on it.  We need both code and non-code help.  An initial help
would be writing up a set of requirements for your application in more
detail.  Then we can discuss how/if we'll achieve them with Drill and
what steps will need to be taken to accomplish each.

> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Cheers,
> Alex
+