HBase >> mail # user >> Performance: hive+hbase integration query against the row_key

+
Shengjie Min 2012-09-11, 13:56
Re: Performance: hive+hbase integration query against the row_key
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Shengjie Min <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. if you do a hive query against the row key like "select * from
> hive_hbase_test where key='blabla'", this would utilize the hbase row_key
> index which give you very quick nearly real-time response just like hbase
> does.
> From my test, query 1 doesn't seem fast at all, still taking ages, so
> select * from hive_hbase_test where key='blabla'   36secs
> vs
> get 'test', 'blabla'      less than 1 sec
> still shows a huge difference.
>
> Anybody has tried this before? Is there anyway I can do sort of query plan
> analysis against hive query? or I am not mapping hive table against hbase
> table correctly?

It doesn't work like that. Every Hive query is translated into a MR
job, so you're still doing a full scan to find that one row key.

J-D