HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase Stargate Returns Scrambled Values

+
Ameya Kantikar 2013-04-10, 22:43
Re: Hbase Stargate Returns Scrambled Values
Ask for binary results, i.e. use an Accept header of "Accept:
application/octet-stream". This has limitations though, only one result can
be returned, so that wildcard query you provide as an example won't work.
You'll have to fully specify the path to a cell.

Otherwise, for JSON and XML representation types, since HBase keys and
values are byte[] and can (and often do) contain nulls and other such
unsafe chars, it doesn't make sense to provide them unencoded.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)