HBase >> mail # user >> openjdk7 and hbase

+
Alok Singh Mahor 2013-03-30, 18:38
+
Tariq 2013-03-30, 18:52
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-30, 19:41
Re: openjdk7 and hbase
On my private machine I only have (Open)Jdk7, I have not observed any issues.
-- Lars
________________________________
 From: Alok Singh Mahor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 11:38 AM
Subject: openjdk7 and hbase

Hi all,
should I strictly use only oracle's java 6 only?
will I really face problem if I am using openjdk7?
if then then what type of problem I will face?
is/are anyone using openjdk? or tried that ?

and why Hbase is built on top of sun's java ? I guess openjdk exist from
long back. should hbase not be on top of openjdk? if no what are problems
with openjdk?

what about can I use java 7 for current stable hbase ?

thanks and sorry for so many questions
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-30, 22:10
+