Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-1.x.x off branch-0.20-security

+
Arun Murthy 2011-11-16, 04:22
+
Suresh Srinivas 2011-11-16, 05:15
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-11-16, 06:43
+
Joe Stein 2011-11-16, 07:19
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-11-16, 07:36
+
Arun Murthy 2011-11-16, 07:08
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-11-17, 00:43
+
Steve Loughran 2011-11-16, 10:22
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-11-16, 17:10
+
Owen OMalley 2011-11-17, 00:49
+
Eric Yang 2011-11-17, 07:48
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-11-18, 03:29
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-18, 18:20
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-11-19, 00:30
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-1.x.x off branch-0.20-security
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 04:30PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> Doesn't having trunk on lesser version than a branch make Hadoop
> versioning more confusing?
> People were asking for consistent non-confusing versioning schema.
> Why don't we instead call a vote on your initial suggestion lately
> clarified by Matt?
> I got a feeling many are in favor of it.

I believe an unofficial vote on the massive renaming has been happening
separately along with this one.

Cos

> --Konstantin
>
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Nope, just change the version number of releases off this branch.
> >
> > Trunk continues to be trunk. 0.23 or 0.24 etc. etc. whatever we choose to call them come off trunk.
> >
> > This is about one branch only.
> >
> > Arun
> >
> > On Nov 17, 2011, at 7:29 PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> >
> >> Let me repeat. By renaming ONLY 0.20.security to 1.0
> >> you are replacing Hadoop-trunk with this branch.
> >> Is that the intention of the rename?
> >> Are we switching to the security branch as the new trunk?
> >>
> >> --Konstantin

+
Scott Carey 2011-11-21, 21:47
+