Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: [DISCUSS] Retire the Chukwa podling

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire the Chukwa podling
Renamed subject.

I think you bring up a valid concern.  To be sure, the infrastructure and administrative costs are negligible.  So, we don't need to worry on that account.  However, the ASF Incubator is not a place where you can hang your shingle up and hope that someday someone will wander by and be interested.

The Incubator is merely a vetting mechanism to make sure that a community has a minimal set of ducks in a row as well as proven that it is a vibrant community.

Here at Chukwa we've had not many commits beyond patches, no dev talk, and no releases.  That's the problem.

A +1 is not a judgement on the technology or its developers.  It is a simple recognition that Chukwa, for what ever reason, has been unable to generate an active community.
Regards,
Alan