Hive, mail # dev - Branch for HIVE-4160

+
Jitendra Pandey 2013-04-02, 20:22
Re: Branch for HIVE-4160
Namit Jain 2013-04-03, 03:37
It will be difficult to merge back the branch.
Can you stage your changes incrementally ?

I mean, start with the making the operators vectorized - it can be a for
loop to
start with ? I think it will be very difficult to merge it back if we
diverge on this.
I would recommend starting with simple interfaces for operators and then
plugging them
in slowly instead of a new branch, unless this approach is extremely
difficult.
Thanks,
-namit

On 4/3/13 1:52 AM, "Jitendra Pandey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>     I want to propose for creation of a separate branch for HIVE-4160
>work. This is a significant amount of work, and support for very basic
>functionality will need big chunks of code. It will also take some time to
>stabilize and test. A separate dev branch will allow us to do this work
>incrementally and collaboratively. We have already uploaded a design
>document on the jira for comments/feedback.
>
>thanks
>jitendra
>

>--
><http://hortonworks.com/download/>