HDFS >> mail # user >> what's this version 'version = 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT' ?

what's this version 'version = 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT' ?
hi,
After I compiled libhdfs, the version of hadoop become 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT, is
this a stable version or a dev version? Can I use this version on
production? If this version is not for production, how can I configure to
generate a stable version?

--
Thanks & Regards
Xibin Liu