Hadoop >> mail # user >> How to get metrics information?

Re: How to get metrics information?
On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the test code, JobTracker is returned from:
>
>        mr = new MiniMRCluster(0, 0, 0, "file:///", 1, null, null, null,
> conf);
>        jobTracker = mr.getJobTrackerRunner().getJobTracker();
>
> I guess it is not exposed in non-test code.
>
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Zhenhua Guo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks!
>> How to get JobTracker object?
>>
>> Gerald
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > You can use the following code:
>> >        JobClient jc = new JobClient(jobConf);
>> >        int numReduces = jc.getClusterStatus().getMaxReduceTasks();
>> >
>> > For 0.20.3, you can use:
>> >    ClusterMetrics metrics = jobTracker.getClusterMetrics();

Correct JobTracker is the JobTracker itself that does not have any interface.
However using JobClient you can mine most of the information out from
the Job Tracker.

My cacti graphing package takes that exact approach to pull
information that is not a JMXCounter such as.
http://www.jointhegrid.com/hadoop-cacti-jtg-walk/maps_v_reduces.jsp