HBase >> mail # dev >> ClassFinder, IntegrationTestsDriver

ClassFinder, IntegrationTestsDriver
A few things.

I am trying to use our fancy new integration test suite against a cluster.

When I follow the refguide, I do this:

% ./hbase/bin/hbase --config /home/stack/hbase-conf
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.IntegrationTestsDriver

This spews a bunch of ERROR like the following:

2013-04-24 15:46:17,132 ERROR [main] hbase.ClassFinder: Failed to
instantiate or check
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestScanDeleteTracker:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/MiniDFSCluster
2013-04-24 15:46:17,156 ERROR [main] hbase.ClassFinder: Failed to
instantiate or check
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegionBusyWait:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/MiniDFSCluster
2013-04-24 15:46:17,263 ERROR [main] hbase.ClassFinder: Failed to
instantiate or check org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestKeyValueHeap:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/MiniDFSCluster

I think what is going on is that the ClassFinder is searching and can't
parse the above possible candidates because there is a missing dependency
(minidfscluster).

That is not too bad other than it being ugly.

Then it concludes it has found 8 tests but it does not print out what they
are (I can fix that).  But I cannot figure how it finds 8 IntegrationTests
when the default filter is .* (should it be .*IntegrationTest.*?)  If we
ran with a tighter filter, then I'd avoid the above spew methinks?

Thanks for the help,
St.Ack
+
Stack 2013-04-24, 23:24