Chukwa >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Applying commit-then-review

+
Bernd Fondermann 2010-09-13, 19:58
Re: [DISCUSS] Applying commit-then-review
Our methodology is actually some hybrid; something like "wait for
potential review", then commit.  Usually I'll commit after a few days
if nobody objected or commented.  (I try to say explicitly when I'll
time out waiting for comments.)  And most of the patch review is
fairly cursory.

I agree that the full rigor of RTC is probably unnecessary.  I do like
it, however, for bigger changes, particularly those that alter the
architecture or user visible feature set.

Is it reasonable to say "for bugs, CTR is fine, and only file a JIRA
and wait for review if it's going to break something"?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department